Using Your 3D Tour / How It Works
The latest 3D imaging technology is used to scan a room, we move on to the next room and build up a 3D map of the entire building. As we move from room to room, we create a seamless immersive walkthrough of the building which is 99.9% accurate, enough to provide schematic floorplans. The tours are real life captures of the space and are not CGI or 3D concepts.
Additional enhancements to a 3D tour added after the initial scan include:
•Tags to highlight key features – examples of this include residential properties highlighting key features which they feel will be of interest to the client or restaurants providing links to booking software
•Schematic floor plans of your building with 99.9% accuracy
•Tours can be linked to Google Street View allowing customers to virtually step through the door!
•HDR 4K still photos taken from any point in the tour
No special equipment is needed for you or your clients to immerse yourselves in the 3D Tour, it is easy to use on most devices. The tour can easily be embedded onto your website, just like a YouTube video.
3D Tours can also be viewed using VR Headsets, but this is not necessary to be fully immersed within a 3D tour.
We follow a set workflow to ensure the highest quality tour is produced:
1. Consultation – We will visit you at the space to be scanned if convenient and run through with you what areas you would like scanning, what you would like to achieve from the publication of the tour, and what optional extras you would like us to provide. If you’re unsure on the optional items at this stage, that’s fine; we can include these at a later stage.
2. Quotation - We will quote you for the project and optional extras in accordance with our terms of business which can be found here. We will provide an estimated timescale for completion of the scan and completion of the project as part of our quotation. The exact date for completion of the scan and project can be agreed at this stage if your requirement is imminent.
3. On receipt of your written acceptance and deposit payment we will book in the scan into our programme of works.
4. On the scan date (after preparation of the areas by yourselves) we will complete the scan of each room and build up the 3D model. We will position the camera as many times as required to build up a seamless tour of the space.
5. Production – We will then process the tour and add tags as agreed in the consultation (we can add more at this stage for an additional cost if required). We will also produce schematic floor plans and integrate into Google Street View if required.
6. Sign-Off – Once you are happy with the production, we will make the tour live at which point it is available for publication, simply sent as a link to interested parties, embedded on your website or added to a presentation. You and your clients can then navigate your way around the building in an immersive way.